The Davies Pumps Hydrogenie HG5 is a simple and robust inline auto pump controller to control and protect a single or three phase pump up to 10A per phase. It has 1 1/4″ ports for high flow applications and two operating modes to enable the best operating method required for the system.
Technical details for HG5
- Max pressure: 10Bar
- Operating temperature range: 0 to +40°C
- Connection Thread: 1 ¼” male
- Protection: IP55
- Electronic over current protection
- Run Dry protection
The Hydrogenie 5 controllers have two operating modes:
On/Off mode: Pump starts when pressure drops to set turn on pressure–adjustable between 1 & 5 Bar. Pump stops when no flow is detected. (The pump must be able to supply 0.5Bar more than turn on pressure)
Pressure dependent mode: Pump starts when pressure drops to set turn on pressure – adjustable between 0 & 6.5Bar. Pump stops when pressure reaches set turn off pressure– adjustable between 1 & 7Bar. (turn off pressure must be 1Bar above turn on pressure)
A pressure tank must be included in the system, the size depends on the mode the controller is in. For On/Off mode anything from 2 – 50litres will work fine. For Pressure dependent mode, the tank needs to be sized the same as in a conventional pressure switch type installation.
- Digital display: shows instantaneous motor current, system pressure, set pressure, flow sensor position during normal operation.
- Start/stop delay: 0-10 seconds start delay. 0-60 seconds stop delay
- Dry run restart: Following a dry run event the controller will attempt a restart 5min after and every 30min for 24hours if the problem persists.
- Over Current: In the event the current rises above the set point the controller will turn off the pump and attempt a restart 4 times, if after the 4th attempt the current is still above set point the controller will remain off.