Burnt Out Plug On Outdoor Electrical Outlet

We were called out to a site to attend to a burnt out plug in an outdoor electrical outlet.

After testing all the electrical components, we cut out the burned plug and replaced the weatherproof wall plug socket.  We installed a new plug and certified the installation.

All repairs were carried out according to AS/NZS3000:2007

There are a number of reasons why a plug will burn out, including a loose or poor connection in the outlet, or one that doesn’t hold the plug securely enough. Old or worn wiring that’s broken loose is also a common reason and can cause electrical arcing that generates a lot of heat which can melt or burn any surrounding flammable material.

Unaddressed electrical malfunctions should never be ignored and cause of many house fires each year! The best way to deal with this situation is to turn the power off and call a registered electrician for help to replace the damaged outlet.